We are looking for talented writers at the VU who are passionate for art house films and have a good eye for film analysis and critique. Do you quickly form an opinion about film? And do you like to make these public for a wider audience? Then you are our new editor!
What is LA RIOT VU?
LA RIOT VU is a platform created for and by young film writers with the aim of making arthouse cinema accessible to young audiences. LA RIOT VU is part of Rialto VU cinema. We work closely with them and organize our film nights. Rialto screens movies from all over the world. Non-Western cinema also gets the attention it deserves. In August we are able organize a film evening around the World Cinema Amsterdam festival!
During the film nights, our editors get inspired to review a great arthouse hit or a hidden gem that everyone should watch. We like to combine these screenings with a side program. We also appreciate that our editors come up with new creative forms to express their opinion. This is a vacancy for a voluntary position.
What do you do as a LA RIOT VU editor?
- Contributing for the website monthly. Review, column, interview, vlog, festival report, photo series, sketch: different forms are possible and we are very open to your ideas!
- Helping with the organization of our movie nights at Rialto VU.
- Attending monthly editorial meetings in Rialto, where we plan the film evenings and the website.
- We are open to receive other contributions such as, supporting the production of the film evenings, photographing during the film evenings or thinking about the website’s design.
- We welcome English and Dutch contributions.
What do we offer?
- Close contact with the employees of Rialto and the associated network.
- Unlimited access to the movies at Rialto VU. Access to press screenings of arthouse films.
- An opportunity to gain experience in creative projects and the organization of film events.
- A platform for your writing and other creative projects.
Send an email before the 3rd of November with a cover letter + CV, and possibly examples of previous work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t hesitate to email us in case of questions! The vacancy does not have a set amount of hours assigned.